Sunday, July 28, 2013

4 Miles!

This weekend was no match for me! Yes, I ate more than I would have normally, but I also made sure to get in more activity. I am extremely blessed to live in such a beautiful area, so this weekend I got to enjoy a nice hike up the bluffs that are just within walking distance of my apartment. Furthermore, I upped my half-marathon training and ran 4 miles today. Running 3 miles was really difficult for me so I was slightly dreading four; however, these 4 miles seemed to go, do I dare say it, easy? I ran 2 miles toward the Mississippi River and then turned around to run the second 2 miles back. I'm not sure if it was the 61 degree temperature, the classic rock music on my Spotify, the path I chose to run, or some other factor, but I had a great 4 mile run! I can only remember one other time in my life when I ran 4 miles without stopping. So this was a huge accomplishment today! I am so excited to continue this training and to keep improving my running ability!


No comments:

Post a Comment