As someone who struggles with weight and finds food to be a challenge, Weight Watchers has provided me with some much needed structure. I've tried to do it without Weight Watchers and I can only get so far. So, yesterday I began counting points once again. Getting started with counting points is always a challenge, because you have to calculate every piece of food and every meal you make. It's not until you are at it for awhile the you start memorizing certain food points and can refer back to previous meal calculations. Weight Watchers has great online tools to keep track of everything, but I still like having a notebook to write all my points down! :)
Anyway, I made sure to calculate some of my favorite breakfast meals so that I can easily refer to those in the future. In addition, because I live and work on a college campus that provides me with a meal plan, I am constantly eating at Erbert and Gerbert's Sandwich Shop that is located in one of our food courts. So, this morning I also calculated some of the sandwiches offered there:
Considering my daily points allowance is 26, these totals were not so great to see! It's good to know these now, though, so I can alter them in the future and fit them into my daily plan.
Another (successful) food adventure I tried today was a new Weight Watchers recipe:
7 points
1 serving = 2 sandwiches
![]() |
| Made with fresh tomatoes off my very first tomato plant! |
Click on the link above to go to the recipe. It took less than 10 minutes to make and was really delicious. (I used basil instead of arugula.) Definitely worth a try!

No comments:
Post a Comment