Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Running

I don't run fast, but I'm faster than I used to be! For me, I was always happy if I finished a mile around 12 minutes. Yes, I know, for runners out there that time is less than impressive and I used to be embarrassed by that number. I have so many friends in my life who are either consistent, casual runners, or marathon runners that I was always ashamed to share my running times with anyone. (How I became friends with so many marathoners, I will never know! But I love you all and thank you for always being an inspiration!)

Anyway, as I am going through this training, I've been keeping track via an iPhone app called MapMyRun. That app enables me to run freely around my community and it tracks my distance, speed, time, and calories. It's a handy little tool! 

Tonight on my run it registered me as doing 3 miles in 32:46 which means that I ran these 3 miles at a pace under 11 minutes! I've NEVER done that before and I was SO proud and happy when it announced my time!

I know I will have good and bad days with running, but I'm going to take this really good day for right now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment