Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Daily Conversations

Everyday since starting this blog conversation, I have been greeted by people sharing their own struggles with me and supporting me on my journey. Old friends have been reaching out to me via Facebook, supportive texts have been delivered, and whispered thanks have been shared. People want to know that they are not alone in their struggles and this blog is doing just that. But it's not just me, others have the same thoughts I do and are sharing in similar ways. Just today CNN put out an article about weight loss blogging! How cool! (Granted, it would have been cooler if it featured me! haha One day maybe!)

I have recently found myself speechless over how many people have opened up to me about anything and everything related to their weight loss and exercise stories. And each time someone comes to me, I feel consumed with happiness, pride, excitement, energy, motivation, etc and I just want to continue the conversation all day, everyday. So, why is it so hard for so many of us to talk about in the first place? It's not like our weight is hiding and if we don't speak up about it, people won't know. If it was hiding we would not have a desire to change it! 

I could go into the social stigma associated with weight, the personal baggage people carry related to their size, the physical struggle of losing weight, or the shame that some people feel, but we know all of that. We know that changing habits is hard and we know that everyone is fighting their own battles, but no one should have to do it alone. It is easier when you can share your struggles (and future successes) with someone. 

I am not saying I have to be that person, although I would love to be, I am just saying to start the conversation and, if you have already made that first step, continue the conversation and good luck with your journey! 

One of my successes of the day: Yummy, filling and Weight Watchers - Friendly breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment