Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lesson Learned!

I don't know what triggered it, but yesterday when I came home from work I was just hungry and decided to eat basically anything I saw. I had been doing so well, I don't know why I let myself consume so much food. But, I did. To make things worse, I was "scheduled" to run my first 5 miles that night. Since I had just filled my face with food, I decided to wait awhile before running, but believe me, I wanted to say "forget it" and run another day, but I don't want to get into that habit!

So, I decided to run despite still having a full stomach. My first 3 miles were great. It was actually pretty easy. My plan was to run to the river and back by way of the marsh trails. I was cruising right along, hit my three miles and was thinking "this is easy...I'm going to actually run 5 miles without stopping"! Then it hit me. Major stomach ache that stopped me in my tracks.

I tried to jog the remaining two miles, but my body just was not having it, so I strolled on back to my apartment. Overall, I did run/walk almost 6 miles that night, but I did so in pain and not with the best time record.

I am proud of myself for not letting a food "slip" stop me from running, but I sure did learn my lesson! In case I was unsure about eating healthy and training for a half-marathon before, I now know that I cannot just eat whatever I want whenever I want! Back to fruit and counting points for me!

Until this point, I was having one success after the other. Each run was better than the last in some way, but not this run. Now, I didn't really want to share this with anyone, but I figured if I did, then I will be less likely to repeat this mistake in the future. So here's to learning from my mistakes! And hoping my next attempt at 5 miles goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment