Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Achievements

This weekend I had family visiting and on Saturday we decided to go for a run together. If you run from my building, through the marshes, to the Mississippi River and back, it's exactly 6 miles. My aunt and I decided to attempt this. Before this past Sunday, the farthest I had ever ran nonstop was 4 miles. I have ran/walked way more, but never have I ran more than four miles at a time.

Well, Sunday was the day to break that 4 mile record and boy did I crush it! Six miles, nonstop! We ran slow, but we were consistent and managed to run the entire thing. I was so proud of us!

Then, today, I decided to see if I could run 5 miles at my own pace. So once again I took off through the marsh trails. I am proud to say that I ran 5 miles, nonstop in under an hour today!

For those of you not good with math, that was 11 miles this weekend! Part of me does not believe that I ran that much, especially considering I felt pretty good both during and after the run. It's amazing what just two months of training has done for me and I cannot wait to see more improvements!

Because I ran so much this weekend, I am going to be taking it easy during the week with just some 2-3 mile runs. From everything I have read, it is important not to over train and I want to listen to that advice, because I have plenty of time!

Feeling great about this training and very ready to take on the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment